The current cathedral is actually the fifth built on this site since 1818. The 1908 structure, which preceded the current building, was a splendid basilica that was destroyed by fire in 1968. The new building, designed by renowned Franco-Manitoban architect Étienne Gaboury, incorporates the façade and remaining walls of the 1908 building. An unusual architectural achievement, the Cathedral attracts thousands of visitors each year.
Open year round
Mon. to Fri., 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Sat., 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Sun., 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
French spoken at all times!