Home » Destinations » St. Norbert » Trappist Monastery Provincial Heritage Park

St. Norbert

Trappist Monastery Provincial Heritage Park

The Trappist Monastery was established in 1892 by five members of the Trappist Order from the Abbey of Bellefontaine, France. In 1978, the Trappists moved to a site near Holland, Manitoba, to protect their contemplative life from the effects of urban sprawl. Fire gutted the vacated church and residential wing five years later. Additional information about the Trappist monks and the monastery is on display at the remaining ruins.

Documentation available in French!

PO BOX 175
St. Norbert, Manitoba
100 rue des Ruines St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3V 1L6


Voulez vous ce site en Français?

 


Peut-être que ces liens si-dessous vous intéresserait?

Evenements et Nouvelles

 

Articles en vedette

 

 

Request a magazine

Feedback